Friday 8 December 2017

Animation Evaluations



STEP ONE:


Create your own user feedback survey


STEP TWO:


STEP THREE:

Constraints: 

Over all my production went smoothly and I was a able to easily finish the filming and editing easily, although there were some set-backs. For example, I was unable to source any purple and white paint, which I would have use'd at the end to create the E4 logo. To over come this, I decided to use Lego to attempt to implicate that she the sword hit her, she turned into Lego. When I came up with this solution, I took inspiration from Corridor Digital where they did a video about a guy that has the power to turn everything he touches to Lego (Like the skittles advert)




I also had to find a way to get the props (Sword, cloak, cape) to college. Due to the laws of the UK, it is illegal to carry a knife (Especially a sword) in public without a good reason, such as taking it to a museum or selling it or for a theater piece.


https://www.police.uk/crime-prevention-advice/possession-of-weapons/

































Because of these laws, I did not want to risk carrying a prop sword (even though it was made of foam) in public. To get around this problem, i wrapped the sword in black bags and put it into a cardboard box, as well as getting a lift into college. This minimized the time i had to carry the sword, as well as it being unidentifiable as a sword.

The cloak, although not illegal, is large and reasonably heavy, and due to it being made from a sheepskin rug it was difficult to transport. To get around this I wrapped the smaller cloak/cape inside it, then rolled it up as tight as possible, and used one of Sports Directs XL bags to carry it into college.

Time Management:

I used the first 2 lessons, as well as time at home, to create storyboards and to get the rest of the pre-production paper work done. I then split the remaining lessons evenly allowing myself plenty of time to film, and edit my production. We were then given a week to make any corrections needed to our productions, however I was lucky and the alteration that would have taken the longest time was a simple colour correction adjustment. I was able to complete all changes within 1 lesson.

Meeting The Requirements Of The Brief:

I believe that I have complied with the guidelines set by E4 because I have kept it within the 10 second time limit, clearly showed the E4 logo, I have shown no violence, only implied it and i have used one of the supplied E4 Esting sound tracks.

Obtaining feedback:

We used Survey-monkey to create 10 question surveys to collect opinions on our Estings, as well as doing a "Class Viewing" where our class mates commented their views on the Esting,

No comments:

Post a Comment