Monday 16 October 2017

Research and Planning: E4 and the Brief


E4: The popular TV channel "E4" is owned by Channel 4 Television  Corporation, who inturn are owned by the IBA and/or Department for Culture. E4 has been on for 16 years, beggining in 2001.
popular shows on E4 are Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, 2 broke girls.





Their primary demographic is young females between the age of 16 and 24 living in urban areas. E4's secondary demographic would be 16 - 30 males in urban ares. Other companies owned by Channel 4 (Known as sister companies) are: Film 4, Kiss, Kerrang, Magic, 4seven. These other company's TA's are 16 - 34 working class females.

E-Sting:

A E-Sting is a competition which encourages wanna-be animators are allowed to create a 10 second ident to promote animation and the E4 channel and get recognized for their ability. All of the entry are submited by E4's audience, and are intended to promote the channels identity as an "Ident".


Content - a bunch of sloths licking the air and LP's
Audience - Younger
Genre - Comedy

Content - Dude murders a fly and its guts go everywhere
Audience - Older
Genre - Horror

Content - old women nits her husband a man-kini and he puts it on, giving his
Audience - Older
Genre - Comedy

Planning and Prep work:



Lego:
I enjoyed working with Lego as you can create simple structures easily, however it is very difficult to manipulate properly.

SMA:
I enjoyed working with inanimate objects to create this film, however it was difficult to get movement mid air.



I intend to work with inanimate objects and people to create my E-sting, because I feel it will be easier and aesthetically look better than if I was to use clay or Lego. I believe that at the moment there is a severe lack of live action E-stings, thus i feel that creating one would make it stand out more against the convention of computer generated animations.

The reason we did these different types of animation is to help us decide which format we would chose to do are own. I have chosen to use Live Action rather than Lego, Puppets or Claymation as I feel it will be easier for me to portray my idea, as well as it is easier to get people to do what you require.

No comments:

Post a Comment